Saturday, March 6, 2010

Shading & Lettering

A couple of days ago I tried shading one of the finished pages. Not sure if I like it or not - I think it would work well for certain pages but not for others.

I'm tempted to do it in blue or some other colour, rather than grey, but...I've seen my share of comics shaded that way and I think it's way overdone. Not only that, but I'm going to be doing a couple of scenes later on in full colour, which I don't think would have as large an impact if the shading on every other page was blue, green, or what-have-you.

OR I could just NOT shade anything...wow what a concept! XD

Anyway, here's something else I tried.
I created my own comic lettering font quite some time ago - it's called Printheads, after the comic I was drawing at the time. However, my lettering's improved significantly since then (largely because I managed to track down one of these) and I don't know if it's really necessary to use a font this time. I mean, damn...that font looks pretty cold next to the hand lettering, doesn't it? :p It just doesn't fit.

Let me know what you think, though....someone...anyone? :p

(Nag me to get back to work, too, since I'm only doing this as a way of avoiding real work! XD)

No comments:

Post a Comment